The Retreat is a healing environment. the basic philosophy is to remove distractions while presenting avenues for growth. this is not a vacation, spa or workout camp. the retreat is designed to allow you the best possible chance to stay sober through connecting with a large number of recovering individuals.
What to bring
- Comfortable clothes appropriate for the season.
- While we provide pillows and blankets, feel free to bring your own.
- If you take any prescribed medications, please bring enough for 30 days. The prescription needs to be current, with the doctor’s name and number. Please have your medications blister packed.
- There will be opportunities for weekly shopping, so bring any money you think you will need.
- A blank notebook or journal, pens, pencil, highlighters.
- If you smoke, bring cigarettes enough for a few days.
- If you are on a benefit, make sure you have a medical certificate to cover your time with us.
- Bring some form of identification (ID) for our records, such as a drivers license or passport.
You may bring any soft drinks that you like and you may keep them in our fridge
What NOT to bring
- Please do not bring a vehicle. There is no long-term parking available.
- You are allowed access to your electronic devices from 3pm each day until 8am the next day. We have Wi-fi available. We reserve the right to restrict access to your devices for shorter periods as stated if we believe that it is interfering with you ability to participate in the programme.
- Please do not bring stereos and/or speakers. Headphones are to be used for personal use.
- Please do not bring ANYTHING that has alcohol as an ingredient. This includes items such as mouthwash, perfume, hairspray, methylated spirits or rubbing alcohol.
- No medications unless prescribed by a doctor (see above). You may bring vitamins.
- No pornography.
- No clothing with alcohol and/or drug images/messages.
- No energy drinks.
Get Help Now
If you or a loved one are interested in our programmes or want to better understand how our programme works please fill out the form and we will make sure to have one of our dedicated staff members reach out for more information.
If you need to complete a pre-registration contact us at 0800 276 237 for assistance.