Our mission is to improve the quality of life for individuals, families and communities affected by alcohol abuse by providing supportive services grounded in the 12 Step principles.
Janet Thompson, CEO talking about The Retreat NZ's programmes and what makes our approach unique.
Since 2013, The Retreat NZ has taken a targeted approach to rehabilitation, offering a combination of group sessions, individual discovery and spiritual guidance that can be carried into lifelong recovery after guests leave our facility. Fully integrated with the 12 Step programme of Alcoholics Anonymous – the most successful, long-term solution to alcoholism, we provide a safe and nurturing environment where we equip our guests with the tools to help them find the deep-rooted cause of their alcohol dependency so they can tackle it head on.
Through awareness and education, our guests see the need for change and The Retreat NZ programme shows them precisely the steps they need to take to achieve it. What makes us unique is that our team have experienced first-hand the effects of alcoholism and are now living full and sober lives in recovery. They offer understanding and authenticity, which resonates with our guests and demonstrates that recovery is achievable.
The Retreat NZ began as both a drug and alcohol rehabilitation and sober living recovery centre in Otahuhu, Auckland in 2013. Modelled off The Retreat Wayzata, USA which was established in 1998, we have helped thousands of people recover from drug and alcohol addiction.
In early 2023, we relocated to tranquillity of the native bush at Warkworth, an hour north of Auckland, and made the decision to focus on our alcohol recovery programmes. We believe we are currently the only rehab in New Zealand that focusses solely on providing treatment for alcohol addiction.
WHY CHOOSE THE RETREAT NZ
- We separate guests from their drinking environment and surround them with like-minded people who have overcome alcohol addiction themselves and are uniquely placed to help
- Fully integrated with the 12 Step programme of recovery and 12 Step community which offers wrap-around support for guests both during their time with us and afterwards
- Solely focussed on helping individuals with alcohol dependency (we don’t take anyone with other substance dependencies) allowing us to focus on what we know best and assuring you will relate to your fellow guests
- We’ve been around since 2013 in New Zealand and have a <60% success rate. Our programmes are modelled off the highly successful The Retreat Wayzata which has been operating in Minnesota USA for over 30 years
- HealthCert certified by the Ministry of Health which ensures high standards of care in accordance with the Health and Disability Services (Safety) Act 2001.
The Retreat NZ is not affiliated with any religious organisation and our guests are treated with dignity and respect. We offer one of the more affordable private residential care facilities in New Zealand. If alcohol is affecting you or someone you love, contact us today to begin your recovery journey.